Happy Friday Everyone! Today’s post is for all the ExoSym (IDEO) ladies out there who are getting ready for summer. As a Texan, I understand the desire to feel light and cool in the heat – so here are a few helpful tips to get you through the ExoSymplySummer months! ☺
- Skirts & Dresses
- Find the right length. Styles that hit right above the knee are a flattering look for the device — no need to hide the ExoSym!
- Look for bright colors. Embrace summer and pick something bright that makes you feel #ExoSymplyAmazing
- Choose light, breathable fabrics. As active ExoSymplyAmazing people we are always on the go. Make sure you pick materials that move with you. Tip: Try checking out your favorite store’s activewear section — there are a lot of active casual skirts & dresses that you can dress up or down!
- Look for thinner fabrics. I prefer skinny jeans, tights, and khaki’s so that the device slides over the pant leg & I wear the compression sock underneath.
- Remember: Always try any pants on before you purchase to ensure that the pant material will not be too thick to wear the device over. Stand up and down & walk around a couple times to see how it feels. The pant will probably stretch out some after you buy, but you don’t want the thickness of the pants to be too constricting.
- Old Navy, Gap & Ann Taylor Loft have some cute options out right now — If you’re in the market for a new pair of shorts, I recommend purchasing a black, white, tan, and a colored pair of shorts — this way you can mix it up with fun tops and a pop of color with your socks.
- Compression Socks
- Look for fun colors & designs! Black is my go to color year round but colored socks can absolutely make an outfit pop.
- When getting ready for something special, consider a matching colored sock for your outfit. If you wear the device on one leg only, make sure you have some good socks for the non-device leg! I recommend Feetures black low mid ankle socks. #myfav
- My summer collection includes a couple colors of the men’s Brooks Glycerin’s 13 (one black & orange and one blue & silver).
- I always recommend having a black shoe on hand as it can look classy for all occasions, but also consider a lighter colored shoe too. My blue & silver one makes me feel happy (not to mention they help me #runhappy) ☺
- Casual Maxi Dresses
- When shopping for maxi dresses, look for fabrics that won’t snag on the velcro of the device (try it on & walk around to be sure) and also make sure the dress isn’t so long that you will trip. (not that this has ever happened…)
- Aim to find a length that hits right at the floor so that the tennis shoes are hidden. (can be tricky to find, but don’t give up!)
Lastly, just remember… no matter what you are wearing this summer, be proud and confident in who you are. Embrace summer. Embrace your body. Embrace the person you fought to become. ♥
#beYOU #beAMAZING #ExoSymplyAmazing